Adopting a child can be one of the best decisions a person or a couple can make. By this one can give a child a better life, chances for education and integration in the society. Adoption is a complicated process when an adult person becomes the guardian of the child and receives the rights and responsibilities of a parent.
If you are considering adoption you should ask yourself whether you want an open or closed adoption. An open adoption allows the biological mother to choose her child’s adoptive parents. A closed adoption means that the mother of the child gave all the rights to administrative agency to lead the process of selection of parents.
If you decided to adopt a child be ready to:
- join preparation classes to learn more about the effect adoption may have on you
- meet a social worker to check out if you are eligible for adoption
- arrange a background check
- provide 3 references who will recommend you as a future parent
- have a full medical examination
If you feel that you need legal help, don’t hesitate to contact a qualified adoption lawyer. We are here to help you!