Compliments of Mark Anderson of Andertoons
Everybody would agree that nothing is more important than protecting our kids. State Child Protection involves situations when parents are investigated by the state for neglecting or abusing their children.
The State Child Protection procedure:
- A report of suspected abuse or neglect is made to the appropriate state agency.
- An investigation process of the report’s validity takes place. It is done through: interviews, observations and reviewing documents concerning the child.
- If at the end of the investigation the child is determined to be at risk, the child may be temporary taken out of their homes to ensure their safety.
- Usually the child is kept with their parents unless there is an definite safety concern.
- Social services can provide rehabilitative services to children, parents, and other family members if it is necessary.
- If the situation is serious, the Court will determine what should be done. If the accusations of abuse and neglect are true, the court may issue a Child Protection Order to keep the child safe.