Working in the United States. Dream or Reality?

kangarooAre you from Australia? Are you a good qualified specialist, but you still can’t find a good and well paid job? Are you tired to run after kangaroos? Have you ever reflected about working in the United States? E-3 Visa is exactly what you need!

Do you know that during 2012, there were 165 million non-immigrant admissions to the United States, and 386,742 of these admissions were E-1 to E-3 Visas.

So, if you are a national of Australia, and want to work in the United States, you need to apply for E-3 Visa, as E-3 Visa is eligible only for nationals of Australia, their spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age. Big advantage of E-3 Visa is the fact that spouses of E-3 visa holders may work in the United States without any restrictions. (Spouse will need to file a I-765 Form, Application for Employment Authorization). Note: Children on an E-3 Visa are not permitted to work!Aurtalia+USA

E-3 Visa is a multiple-entry visa valid for 24 months! Applicants may enter the U.S. up to ten days before the start date of their employment, and may remain in the U.S. for up to ten days after the end of their employment.

Are you still thinking? Begin you actions right now! Gather all the required documents:

  1. Passport (valid for 60 days beyond the expiration date, printed on the immigration visa),
  2. Two colour passport-size photographs (you can find information about required photo, watching our Video),
  3. Application fee receipt (fee for non-refundable Visa application – $270)

Fill The Form I-129, Petition for Non-immigrant Worker to apply for a change of status to obtain E-3 non-immigrant temporary worker classification. Your Form I-129 must include the following documents:LCA_DepartmentOfLabor

  • A Labor Condition Application (LCA) which cannot be the same application used in a previous H-1B application. Until the Department of Labor develops a new LCA for an E-3, the applicant should use the standard ETA-9035 and ask that it be annotated as an E-3 LCA;
  • Academic or other credentials demonstrating qualifications for the position;
  • Job offer letter or other documentation from the employer establishing that you will be engaged in a specialty occupation and that you will be paid the higher of the actual or prevailing wage;
  • If required, before you may commence employment in the specialty occupation, you must have the necessary license or other official permission to practice in the specialty occupation;

If your petition Form I-129 is approved, USCIS will send a Form I-797, Notice of Action/Approval to the employer, who in turn will forward it to you. A Form I-797 approval notice is not a U.S. visa, because the visa need to be obtained at a U.S. embassy or consulate. After Form I-129 is approved by USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services), the next step is to apply for a U.S. visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate, generally in your country of residence abroad.

You’ll also need to complete the Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160. Print the confirmation page of the non-immigration Visa Application and then, schedule your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.                                   2years                          

Period of Stay:

The Initial stay is 2 years,

Extension of stay up to 2 years.                                         


  • In advance of applying for an E-3 visa you may travel to the United States to search for a job.
  • You may not apply for the visa from within the U.S.
  • You must appear at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy to apply.
  • First time E-3 visa applicants will need to apply in Australia.                    

If you have any questions about immigration, you may need a lawyer. Legal Bistro is here to help you to find the Best Immigration Lawyer for your legal issue. Let immigration lawyers in your area compete to handle your case.

For more details about how to get an E-3 Visa you are welcome to watch our Video:

Our motto is "When Lawyers Compete You Win!" If you are a consumer in need of legal services, you can post your case anonymously and Free of Charge. If you are an attorney seeking new clients, you may register on the site for free. You will only pay when a client requests that you contact them to discuss their case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + = fifteen

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>