All of us know how important is for a child to grow up in a good environment. Parents should prevent child abuse because it can affect children for their whole life.
Child Sexual Abuse involves “any sexual act with a child performed by an adult or an older child“, such as:
- Sexual touching of any part of the body;
- Penetrative sex;
- Encouraging a child to engage in sexual activity;
- Intentionally engaging in sexual activity in front of a child;
- Showing children pornography, or using them to create it;
- Encouraging a child to engage in prostitution.
Symptoms of Child Sexual Abuse:
- A noticeable fear of a person or certain places
- Unusual response from the child when asked if he or she was touched
- Unreasonable fear of a physical exam
- Drawings that show sexual acts
- Sudden awareness of genitals and sexual acts and words
- Attempts to get other children to perform sexual acts.
If your child confides in you and discloses the fact of being sexually abused, don’t reject the story for lies. Believe him or her, look for proof of his/her words, if you are still unconvinced. As it is a serious stress for both you and the child, seek medical and psychological assistance. And remember: it was neither his nor your fault that it has happened, so try to overcome the situation and live further.
Need legal help? Get your rights protected! It would be wise to consult an experienced attorney about Sexual Abuse case issues as they can be very tricky. Have difficulties with finding a good sexual abuse lawyer? Come to Legal Bistro and let qualified family lawyers compete to handle your case!